Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Longer days!

Hello and happy day after the Winter Solstice! I don't know about you, but even though winter has officially just begun, I'm already looking forward to longer days ahead. Something odd happened this year on the solstice...I woke up from the longest night of the year at 5:30 a.m.!!! This is very unusual for me and even more unusual, I got up and was productive for the 2 1/2 hours before I had to be at work. Usually, it's a mad 1/2 hour dash to get dressed and out the door. Don't know if it had anything to do with the solstice but when I mentioned it at work, several other people had similar experiences.
I'm happy to report that I spent last weekend painting. I did a small landscape for my mother for Christmas and started work on a still life of bottles for a friend. I did 3 versions of the bottles and ended up ready to give up painting all together. Glass is one of my most challenging subjects and I never seem happy with the results. I'll share these pictures with you after the holidays. I'm off next week so I plan to spend it painting. Wish me luck.
Meanwhile, I hope all of you who are celebrating this month have a wonderful time!

No comments: