Wednesday, September 30, 2009

First Friday

I need to be in two places at once on Friday night but this is a good problem. It means I had work accepted at two galleries for October. I've mentioned the Regional show at the FCCA and today I heard that two works were accepted for the "About Face" show at LibertyTown. These two pieces are shown in earlier blogs below--"Rita" and "Judy." I submitted the 3 girls on the tractor but it was rejected. I think it might have been because all the other entries were a single person. It couldn't possibly be because the judge didn't like it!!! I'm honored to have 2 accepted.

I'm beginning to feel a little spoiled. Something has been accepted in every show I've entered so far. It's very validating and I'm quite humbled by it.

There's a workshop this weekend with David Daniels who does very vibrant, colorful watercolors so I'm excited about that. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: