Wednesday, September 23, 2009

random thoughts...

I have been on a bit of a painting high lately. Just entered 4 pieces in a juried show at the Fredericksburg Center for the Creative Arts(the osprey, the water lilies, and the garden shed shown below, and one I completely forgot to photograph of a shagbark hickory tree that I started at Orkney Springs. Hope I will still have a chance to get a photo of it).

This weekend is the deadline for another show at LibertyTown called "About Face." I'm entering the picture of Rita and the 3 girls on a tractor. If there's time on my day off Friday, I might try to complete one more.

Then Oct. 1 is the deadline for another show at the FCCA called "Secret Places." I've got one done and 2 more almost finished so I anticipate I'll be working pretty hard this weekend.

I've sketched 9 more flower paintings from John Earl's photos so I'm anxious to get to working on them as well. Plus he has a photo of an old doorway that I want to paint. The hollyhock above is from one of John's photos.

So much to do, so little time. But what fun!

No comments: